Function Synchronous and Asynchronous In Flutter :
- Synchronous function
- It causes the system to wait for the execution of everything that is inside it, only to then continue executing the rest of the actions.
booltarefaFinalizada(index) =>tarefas[index].finalizada == true;
- Asynchronous function
- Asynchronous operations let your program complete work while waiting for another operation to finish.
- Likes for:
- Fetching data over a network.
- Writing to a database.
- Reading data from a file.
- Indicates that the function is asynchronous and at some point you may have to wait to get some data.
- An async method is NOT executed in parallel but following the regular sequence of events, handled by the Event Loop, too.
- Flutterby default, single-threaded tasks are processed. If a new thread is not opened, tasks are processed in the main thread by default.
- Dart is a single-threaded programming language
- If you use Future.delayed or Future.value it actually puts it in the Microtask queue.
- A Future is a mechanism that allows you to queue execution blocks into the event loop.
- future to indicate that that function is asynchronous, or rather, that it will return a value in the “future”, such as: SUCCESS or ERROR after 5 seconds.
Future<T> object represents the result of an asynchronous operation which produces a result of type T. If the result is not usable value, then the future’s type is Future<void>. A Future represents a single value either a data or an error asynchronously
Future has 2 constructors:
- Future():enqueues right away
- Future.delayed(): wait x seconds before enqueuing.
- Waits for the function to end. (Await basically holds the control flow, until the operation completes.)
Future<void>initializeSkynet() async => await http.put('initialize');
You use awaitwhen making calls that return one Future. This causes the system to wait for the asynchronous function call to finish before it can do the rest of things.
The flutter tutorial is a website that bring you the latest and amazing resources of code. All the languages codes are included in this website. The languages like flutter, android, java,kotlin etc.with the help of this languages any user can develop the beautiful application
For more information about Flutter. visit www.fluttertutorial.in